Monday, February 8, 2010

Competitions

It seems that the reality shows are trying to get everyone to compete against each other. I fear it will never play out. They will just keep on finding something new to throw out there. It is cheaper than good television. I can't help but believe that there is an underlying purpose for all this, I just can't put my finger on it. It could be social acceptance or something. Go figure.

There is one disturbing thing that is going on. The church choir competition is over the top (so are the others). Church people are not suppose to be in competition. I suppose it might stem from Christian Schools where choirs go to a convention and the best youth choir gets a trophy. In that case, it is just to encourage the children to sing. The new thing with church choirs competing is a different thing all together. I see it as a yielding to the things of the world. The church is suppose to be a solid rock that stays in place and does not join in with the main stream.

Well, I won't stop it. All the things that we are not suppose to yield to are out there to tempt churches to go along and there are always blinders to say there is no harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers