Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ford County - John Grisham - Book Review

Ford County - Stories - by John Grisham book review. Doubleday, 308 pages. A collection of 7 stories.

John Grisham is one of my favorite authors. I enjoy reading his stories. He can usually surprise me along the way. These short stories are not his best work, in my humble opinion. He has cleaned up his writing considerably in his full length works. Still, he does not get nasty. He lets the characters be who they are in the stories. I suppose lawyers deal mostly with people like these. The stories are no where near what we see on television and, for an adult, they give some insight into areas we do not normally see, unless we are one of those who travel in darker circles.

I almost forgot to mention. For a writer, the one paragraph in the front of the book is worth the price of the book, coming from John Grisham.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers