Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Digital Television

I am not sure how this is going to work out. Maybe I talked about it before. Who can remember things anymore? Maybe it is a blessing. Anyway, on this digital thing, I know they have their reasons and giving the voucher for the converter box was nice but they forgot about the antenna problem. Everyone doesn't live downtown or in the suburbs. Some of us live way out there (in more ways than one). I mean we are still getting Star Trek on the original run (well, I stretched that a little). Lassie came through my yard the other day looking for home (stretched that too, it was the neighbors dogs). Any way, it is the antenna that you got to have if you live in rural America. Most that I have seen in stores reach about 20 miles. That's like, downtown. I built an antenna but it reaches to the PBS tower on the mountain behind the house, nothing else. So I decided to hook up two monitors and watch my favorite shows on the computer. I did need some extra memory and probably need a video card but it works okay for many of the shows. I have rediscovered some old shows that are nice to watch. Most of the old shows leave out a lot of the back alley language we hear in most shows these days.

So, I think, regular television is going to have some problems with advertisement revenue because I think a lot of people will go to the computer rather than being blackmailed into signing up for cable or satellite. Who needs another monthly bill?

I did talk about this before. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers