Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Net Veins

After a number of years using the Internet, I've noticed that it runs in veins much like minerals in the earth. What you find out depends on the vein you are working.

I've been involved in various marketing, may I say tactics. I stick with the legal stuff. While you are there, it seems that that is the world of the Internet. Then, you quit. Then it seems that that vein does not even exist. The emails stop and unless you do a search for that particular subject, nothing is heard of them.

Take forums or chats, you can get in some pretty hot conversations and they can wreck you day, but get out and away and their importance dwindles quickly.

In the mineral world, of course, if you want gold, you have to go where it is found. Coal is the same. What ever it is, you can get totally involved to the exclusion of all else.

I think the key to complete usability will come when there is a better way than search engines to use as a starting point. I have no idea what that might be. Something that would keep you / us out of just one vein when, actually, we wish to have a broad view of any particular subject.

Maybe that don't make sense, fortunately I don't have many readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers