Thursday, August 20, 2009

Back on the Wilderness Thing

After doing considerable looking, it seems that comfort is the main reason people live where they do. Well, that and being born there with too little money to leave. So that leaves the uncomfortable places for expansion. I've concluded you'd have to generate your own electricity. In door plumbing could be had by melting snow for water. To avoid hauling in diesel fuel, you'd need wind or a stream that goes year round. Just kicking ideas around. I know it's already been kicked to death but it just seems to me that there must be a better way than freezing oncs self like a side of beef. I like snow okay but I like a place to shake it off me too.

I'm going to keep at it and if I figure it out by myself, I'll disappear someday. What's your take? Can anyone give up comfort for peace? Is there a spirit of adventure left in us?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers